Support for the people of Medway

The services at Citizens Advice Medway are currently only available over the phone or email. Home visits and outreaches are currently suspended as well.  

If you are seeking advice, please call us for an Initial Check, which will serve as a brief interview to triage the problem you are seeking help on. During that Initial Check, you may be given the information you need straight away, or we may arrange for you to either have a full advice interview or speak to one of our Project Workers on that same day, or a later date. Alternatively, we may recommend for you to call the national Citizens Advice Adviceline.

Whenever someone in our community reaches out, we will always help that person make steps towards a resolution for their problem. For more information on our mission and process, please visit our page "Get Advice".

Ways to get in touch

By phone:

The best way to reach us is by phone. You can call us at 01634 383 760 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Local call rates do apply.

You can also call the national Citizens Advice telephone service for free at 0800 144 8848 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. If you're calling from a mobile device, you will be asked to enter a landline number to help direct your call to the nearest Citizens Advice office. This can be any landline number if you don't have one.

Additionally, we have several specialist numbers available that you can call:

  • You can arrange a Foodbank delivery by calling the Citizens Advice Foodbank Helpline for free at 0808 208 2138 anytime between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
  • You can get advice on issues relating to goods & services by calling the Citizens Advice Consumer Service for free at 0808 223 1133 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
  • And, you can find out what benefits you can claim and receive help claiming Universal Credit by calling the Citizens Advice Help to Claim Service for free at 0800 144 8444 between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.

By email or letter:

Please note, due to the current outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, our services at Citizens Advice Medway are currently only available over the phone.

Our address is:

Citizens Advice Medway
Third Floor, Kingsley House
37-39 Balmoral Road
Gillingham, Kent

You can also mail us a letter in the post to the address above, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

You can email us 24/7 using the form. We always strive to respond to every email within 5 working days. 

Visiting our premises

If you need to drop off paperwork regarding an ongoing case, please phone us and book a time slot to visit our office. We are currently only able to allow one member of the public to visit our office at a time. Upon your arrival, you’ll be seen at our office’s door. 

If you have booked a time to visit our office, please know that there is no public parking specifically for our building, but there is street parking available. Also, our office is wheelchair accessible and there is a lift for assistance.

Agency Referrals

If you work for another agency or advice organisation and would like to refer a client over to us so that we can help them with a specific issue, please email us at and request a Third-Party Referral Form. 

Once you've completed the referral form, send it back via email to the above email address. Typically, we will consider the referral form as the Initial Check since there is enough detail and contact information on the client for us to arrange an interview. If there is not enough detail in the referral form, we will contact the client to conduct an Initial Check first.

Our supporters

Our partners

Our use of cookies

We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page. Cookie Control Link Icon

Necessary cookies

Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.